Flirty Reader's Reviews > Promise Me Light

Promise Me Light by Paige Weaver

liked it

Three Lip Bites!

I went into this book really hopeful but knowing there was going to be an awful big struggle for the characters to overcome. With everyone safe on the ranch (at least most of them) we saw a look into what life was shaping up when survival was the most important thing. Food was getting low, threats of terrorists and thieves were not as constant but there, and Maddie was pregnant adding another dimension to the story.

I won't say too much because I don't want to give any spoilers but I thought this book could have been better. We know there is a threat of terrorists, militia, and other people begging for survival but we don't see much while everyone is on the ranch. True the ranch is set far off from town, but I would think they would have more people come across the settlement. Especially if things were as bad as the book projects. It seemed to me that life was a little utopia for a long while. I wanted to see more like the first book about the world and how it was changing.

I think the grit from last book and this book was lost some with the constant back and forth between Maddie and Ryder. Again, Ryder is very alpha male but to an almost extreme form in book two. His need to protect Maddie is beyond...anything. Maddie doesn't help out much with constantly trying to do things on her own...while pregnant, I might add. I kept thinking, "She needs to take a step back and think of her unborn kid. God!"

It was almost like the book was being held back by the dysfunctional relationship between Maddie and Ryder. It didn't really make sense to me. I liked the book but was mad at what they had become toward one another.

Again, the book wasn't bad, in fact I still loved reading how they survived and how life was shaping up for them on the ranch. The end did bring a good redemption for the characters. Although this is the last book in the series, there are still some open questions about Gavin and Cash's whereabouts. I hope Weaver gives us their story. I would love to read their journey.

And I know that Ryder is supposed to be the heartthrob in these books, but damn, Cash is hot and I wanted more of our silent vigilante.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Promise Me Light.

October 18, 2013 – Started Reading