Rochelle's Reviews > Incubus Dreams

F 50x66
Oct 13, 2009

did not like it
Recommended for: No one.

I have about 20 pages left of this book to read and I am having the hardest time finishing it. The reason I have read the books until this point is that I read the first 5 or so and they were ok, so I bought 6 through 12 thinking that they would be similar. I was so wrong. Every few pages I find myself rolling my eyes and think to myself "Seriously! Why am I still reading this!" I am making myself finish the ones I have bought and then I am done.

There is way, way, way too much sex in these books. It's not even the sex that bothers me. It's the reasons for it - she has to have sex to save people or to supress a hunger or to get information or some other metaphysical BS. I actually enjoy sex in books (see: J.R. Ward), but this is just over the top ridiculous. Plus, I never understand why any one guy would want her for more than sex - her personality is awful and grating. Let alone these guys will do anything for her including stand back while she gets down with a dozen other guys. Just completely unbelievable.

Also, the writing is awful. I can only take so many times of Anita saying "I don't know why" or "I can't explain it." A good writer will figure out how to put something into words so that the reader knows what is going on and is interested. Instead, she automatically goes to describing it as metaphysical and undecribable. Everything in the books is just filler setting up for the next sex scene.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Incubus Dreams.

Started Reading
October 13, 2009 – Shelved
October 13, 2009 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Ava (new)

Ava Kuykendall I completely agree!! I'm really bummed because I loved having such a strong woman being the main character, but why did she have to incorporate so much sex? I'm only half-way through and I don't think I can read much more if it doesn't change, let alone the next book. So lame.

message 2: by Julienne (new)

Julienne I agree also! There is a serious lack of storyline, I can hardly wade through it. Anita is just horrible. She thinks she is so right all the time and she is clueless.

Jennifer me too! stuck with em now!