Jonel Boyko's Reviews > Venice in the Moonlight

Venice in the Moonlight by Elizabeth McKenna

This is one of those novels that draws you completely into the storyline and keeps you there throughout. I found myself walking in the main character’s shoes, living through the many trials that she found herself facing. This was a light, easy read that was simultaneously thought provoking and emotionally charged. McKenna’s descriptions paint a brilliant picture of Venice’s carnivale, leading you deeper and deeper into this remarkable world. Each and every aspect of the novel is developed fully and separately, yet drawn together to create a seamless whole that you can see and feel. It is a very well put together story with a well thought out storyline that will keep you enthralled throughout.

The characters that McKenna presents throughout this tale are captivating and unique while still being real and realistic. I fell in love with both of the main characters. Each of them has not only a well-developed personality and physical appearance, but also a very well put together backstory. Not only the main characters, but rather everyone in the story fits into their place within the hierarchy of the times, perhaps pushing the envelope yet never stepping completely outside of it. You get to know everyone quite well throughout. Each person is developed to suit their role within the story. McKenna doesn’t bog her readers down with irrelevant details, but uses each and every word to the advantage of the spectacular story she has put forth.

This book was definitely a complete escape from reality and from the everyday. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every second that I spent reading this fantastic novel.

Please note that I received this novel free of charge from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Venice in the Moonlight.

October 17, 2013 – Started Reading