travelmel's Reviews > The Soul

The Soul by Stephenie Meyer

Oct 12, 2009

bookshelves: to-read, to-read-not-released-yet

IMPORTANT EDIT:

Turns out Stephanie says IF she continues the Host (and she sounds like she has plans) then book 2 would be THE SOUL and book 3 would be THE SEEKER!

From the horse's mouth: http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articl...

WOO HOO WOO HOO WOO HOOO!!! I Can't wait to get back to these characters! I loved , loved, LOVED the Host and cried and thought and just absolutely adored it. WOO HOO!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Soul.

October 12, 2009 – Shelved
May 14, 2010 – Shelved as: to-read-not-released-yet
July 12, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read

message 1: by Debbie (new) - added it

Debbie geez, I go away for a day and all hell breaks lose! I wondered what her next book would be-she's been really quiet. How exciting!!!!!

message 2: by Lori (new)

Lori ok, seriously, how come i didn't know about this book?? i also loved The Host so I'm excited to read The Seeker.

on another note, i have The Host on audio and found it to be unlistenable. the readers voice was just too high pitched and fake to me.

message 3: by travelmel (new) - added it

travelmel Sometimes a reader can totally break the book (in a make or break scenerio) lol

Just like in the audio book of "Uglies"... OME she is SO Annoying!! Then when I read the hard copy book I just found myself pronouncing (in my head) the words and names the same as that heinous reader woman! But in that case it's actually funny. Honestly, it's worth renting the audio version of Uglies JUST TO HEAR HER SAY TALLY-WA.... It's classic. Seriously. You should do it. ROFL.

My DH heard me listening to it in the car and for weeks he would tease me mercilessly about it.. TAAAALLY WAHHHHHHH... Ohhhhhhhh, I am easily amused. *sniffs from laughter*

message 4: by travelmel (new) - added it

travelmel BTW... this is how I found out about the book

If you vote on any list you can then go back and see the list (in other words it saves it for you) anytime you want under...well heck, I forget exactly how but if I click enough tabs eventually I can find all the lists I have voted on. In other words... if I like a particular list and want to explore it later all I have to do is vote on it and it stays somewhere in my profile. Sorry to be so unspecific.

message 5: by travelmel (new) - added it

travelmel It's also how I found out about the new Mortal Instrument series sequels and prequels that are in the works

message 6: by Lori (new)

Lori travelmel wrote: "It's also how I found out about the new Mortal Instrument series sequels and prequels that are in the works "

ok, mel, help me out here. how come i can't find any info on The Seeker? There is nothing on steph's website, amazon, anywhere... when does it come out?

message 7: by Debbie (new) - added it

Debbie Lowie wrote: "travelmel wrote: "It's also how I found out about the new Mortal Instrument series sequels and prequels that are in the works "

ok, mel, help me out here. how come i can't find any info on The ..."

I had the same problem but it looks like Mel has a super secret way of finding out the news!

message 8: by travelmel (new) - added it

travelmel IMPORTANT EDIT:

From the horse's mouth:

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

iv'e read the host in 2 days and i think thats pretty good considering the size. anyway i loved it that much and when i saw there was a 2nd and 3rd book i almost screamed!!!!! then i saw the year it would come out. 2012!!!!COME ON!!!I CANT WAIT THAT LONG *WHINE*AHHHHH

message 10: by Shayna (new) - added it

Shayna Varadeaux yay!

message 11: by Daan (new)

Daan 9 years later... no sign of the books. Oh my.