Jonel Boyko's Reviews > Water

Water by Heather     James

Oct 17, 2013

James’ upbeat writing style keeps you moving forwards while keeping you completely entrenched in the storyline. This is a quick but delightful read that takes you on a journey beyond your wildest imagination while still being put together in a manner that is completely believable. She is very descriptive, yet naturally so. James creates a world that you can visualise in every aspect. Seeing as how she has melded four different worlds together to create a very multicultural yet biased whole, this is quite the feat. I definitely didn’t expect most of the twists that James threw at us throughout the novel, but they all worked well with the storyline as a whole making the story even more exciting.

The recurring characters in this novel are definitely the same individuals that we met in the first story. They do grow somewhat based on their trials and experiences yet they remain the same. The new characters that James introduces in this instalment are quite well developed, even if I really don’t like one of them and another is definitely up to something. I became so attached to some of the characters that I found myself literally crossing my fingers at the end of the novel. My heart aches for some of them and I can’t wait to get back to this wonderful world.

Overall, this is a very fast paced yet smooth novel. It follows very nicely from the first book in the series without spending lots of time on recaps. That said, I definitely suggest reading the first book in the series before diving into this one. But they’re both well worth the time. And they leave you perfectly set up to continue on with the third book, which I’m dying to read after finishing this one.

Please note that I received this novel free of charge from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Water.

October 17, 2013 – Started Reading