Jenna's Reviews > Entangled

Entangled by Amy Rose Capetta

This book was such a refreshing change from a lot of the young adult novels I've read as of late. Finally having a female character that wasn't self deprecating and relying on a man to fortify her worth was a much needed change of pace in this category of writing. That alone makes this book worth reading because it is different!

At first I was hesitant about the story with the way in which it opens; I wasn't sure it would be for me, but once I got a few chapters in to the novel I was very intrigued with the plot line. The sci-fi aspects of the story hooked me in and I enjoyed wrapping my mind around the main character's world. I wish there was more time spent explaining the relationship between Xan and Cadence in the concluding portions of the book because I felt that was a bit rushed, but that is my only negative thought about this novel. Also, the cover is really beautifully done.

I'd definitely recommend this book, particularly to young adult female readers, because the main character is someone that girls can actually look up to, unlike a lot of the current female characters portrayed in young adult 'cult' novels.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entangled.

October 16, 2013 – Started Reading