Laura's Reviews > The Fall of Five

The Fall of Five by Pittacus Lore

bookshelves: favorites, ya, fantasy, science-fiction, romance

**spoilers from previous books and a few minor ones from this book as much as I tried to have a spoiler free review...**

I'm patting myself on the back right now for first picking up I Am Number Four even though I wasn't sure about it. This whole series is the kind of series you stay up until 3 in the morning to finish! I don't want to give away anything and for once write a spoiler free review so I'll try and refrain from any spoilers!

First of all, John and Sarah. I was amazed at how much John stepped up to the plate and assumed the leadership role. I think he does have it in him to replace Pittacus when Lorien is revived (which it will be! Here's to optimism!). I'm not so sure about Sarah. She seemed like such a minor character at the beginning of the series and even in this book it doesn't show John really relying on her that much and that she's even really that essential to him. I'll accept her for now though.

Now Ella. Since this is one of the first few books she's been in, we really don't know much about her and her personality like we know about Six and John and Sarah and Sam. However I think she is really strong and grown up for her age even though she doesn't show it that often. Her nightmares are intriguing and their subject matter really caught my eye.

Nine is by far the funniest one out of the bunch. Even though he's a total douche bag, he makes me laugh. His love of fighting things and being all awkward being social is hilarious but adorable too. Sometimes I get really pissed at him... especially at the end (here's me trying to avoid a spoiler...).

Eight and Marina are adorable together. Eight is so funny and easy-going and Marina is so sweet but when her claws come out - it's game on. Eight's ability to teleport is so cool and it also makes me crack up every time when he does the whole bad-timing thing! The end pretty much cracked my heart in half and when Marina did her thing... well that was awesome and heartbreaking at the same time.

Six and Sam! I understand Six's logic when it comes to them not being together but shouldn't you enjoy life while you can and make the best of it? She's put walls up around herself and Sam's just the person to try and break them down. They were both sort of in the background for most of the book but they still played a substantial role.

Malcolm Goode! His appearance made me so happy - especially with what it means to Sam that his dad is actually alive! It's nice to have another human on the team and once he gets his memory back (still holding onto hope here!) he could contribute so much!

Five... ah five. I can't say much about him since obviously from the title this book is all about him. Yes the Garde finds him but what happens after that I can't say... that's pretty much the whole book!

Overall, I absolutely loved this book and I can't wait for the next one to come out! Five out of five!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fall of Five.

October 16, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
October 16, 2013 – Shelved
December 31, 2013 – Started Reading
December 31, 2013 –
page 351
January 2, 2014 –
page 351
98.87% "I know you're saying "you're only one page away just finish it already!!" I actually did finish it but I read it so fast I don't think I can do a proper review so I'm rereading it and then I'll be done! Comprende? :D"
January 24, 2014 – Shelved as: favorites