Christi Snow's Reviews > Do or Die

Do or Die by Suzanne Brockmann

bookshelves: favorites

My Review:
Suzanne Brockmann is back with an INCREDIBLE new series. Yes, I received this book for review and was at the 20% point in the book when I set my Kindle down to get online and order the hardback edition of this book for my keeper shelf. It was that good and throughout reading it, it just kept getting better and better.

In true Suzanne Brockmann fashion there is a whole cast of characters in this book and I fell in love with every one of them. It's gonna be such a good series. At the heart of them though is Ian. He sacrificed everything and went to prison to save his brother Aaron and his gay partner Shel and their son Rory from Shel's crazy mob-boss father who is willing to kill his gay son and anyone involved with him. Everyone in the group (or Ian's team) knew about Ian's sacrifice except his brother.

Ian is a former SEAL and has this team of people that he's always worked with on security matters. His brother, Aaron, was a Marine. Aaron's partner, Shel, was also a Marine and is the team's computer guru. Shel's sister, Francine, is just an all-around, no-fear, badass. Added to this group are attorney's, Phoebe and Marstell, who come and free Ian from prison...which totally screws up the deal he had with the crazy mob-boss. They free him because the government needs his help without any acknowledgement that he's actually helping in a diplomatic/security issue. Rounding out the team are FBI agents, Deb and Yashi. And for Troubleshooters fans out there, the FBI agents report to Jules although he's never actually in the book.

Confused yet? Yeah, there's a lot going on, but it's all so good. From the moment the book begins, the action and drama is pretty much non-stop.

I loved Phoebe and Ian together. Ian is one of those guys...always relaxed and cool-headed, regardless of any situation he's in. That's what makes him so good at his job. Phoebe messes him up though and he can't keep his crap together around her. I loved that and how she always kept him on his toes. He never knows what she's going to do.

There are a ton of little side-stories. In fact, there was a slew of flashbacks in the story...none that had to do with Ian and Phoebe. Normally, I hate that type of thing because I want to concentrate on the main couple. In this book, it didn't bother me one little bit just because I was caught up in everyone's story equally. It makes me so curious is going though. Honestly, I can't even guess who will be featured in the next book. There are several possibilities, but I liked all the characters so much, I couldn't even tell you who I want the next book to be about. I'm just thrilled that we'll get more books featuring this team. I loved this one! Definitely a great start from Suzanne Brockmann.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Do or Die.

October 16, 2013 – Shelved