Faswop's Reviews > For Love or Vengeance

For Love or Vengeance by Caridad Piñeiro

it was ok

There just wasn't enough Nemesis in the Helene character. I thought is was an awesome idea to have the Goddess of Vengeance as an FBI agent bringing justice to the world. Too bad her goddess self had little to do with the story. Her most prevalent power was a travel version of the encyclopedia brittanica crammed in her head. You know, they use to give sets of those away to contestants of game show and there are real people with photographic memories, so i don't find that to be much of a leg up for Helene/Nemesis. Zeus was just squicky gross. Also, Artemis was Apollo's twin in Greek mythology, not Athena. That inexactitude was just irksome to read. The hot/cold nature of the relationship between Helene and Miguel was annoying. I find it a difficult pill to swallow that a week doing nothing beyond case work and bed rumpling was enough to persuade Helene that she was in love and that immortality was for chumps. I don't think I'll read anything else by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For Love or Vengeance.

Finished Reading