David Eccles's Reviews > Dead of Eve

Dead of Eve by Pam Godwin

I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Wow! Pam Godwin can write, let me tell you!
I had no idea what to expect from this book, but within the first few minutes of reading, I couldn't put it down!
It is a fantastic story of survival and hope for the future in a world ravaged by "Aphids", the result of a terrorist attack on the world, delivered in the form of a virus that more or less wipes out humankind and replaces it with a race of genetically mutated insect people that roam the earth feeding off any and all who have managed to avoid contamination.
It is a deeply personal story, and we first see Evie as a woman in a state of complete self-neglect, wishing for her life to be over after losing her two children, but with the love and care of her husband, we see her not only nursed back to health, but transformed, and in more ways than you could possibly imagine!
This woman could be Batman! Eve is just awesome, and the book delivers masses of violence, gore, and graphic sex. She certainly knows how to fight, displaying expertise not only in the use of weapons, but also in Brazilian jiu jitsu, Muay Thai, boxing and Wing Chun kung fu.
There is a supernatural element to the story too, which I loved. Eve is able to see her dead children on occasion, and they seem to guide her, but towards what?
Read the book, folks, because I'll say no more, other than that it deserves a 5 star rating, and I can't wait to read the other two books in the trilogy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead of Eve.

October 10, 2013 – Started Reading
October 13, 2013 – Finished Reading
October 15, 2013 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Pam (new) - added it

Pam Godwin Fantastic review, David. Thank you!

David Eccles It was a pleasure, Pam!