David Eccles's Reviews > Uniquely Unwelcome

Uniquely Unwelcome by Brandy Nacole

"The Shadow World" series promises to be very interesting reading, if this first volume is anything to go by.
In "Uniquely Unwelcome", we are introduced to Racquel, a young woman who has spent the last year travelling around the world on a journey of self-discovery. She is the product of generations of mixed breeding between the most powerful beings in the Shadow World - part shifter, part vampire, part werewolf, and part witch.
Shunned by every species, including humans, Raquel returns home to find her half-sister has disappeared, along with a number of others from the Shadow World, including vampires, witches and werewolves. What malevolent force could possibly be behind all of these disappearances, and why is Racquel so central in the scheme of things?
Thus begins a mystery that takes Racquel around the world, accompanied by a handful of Shadow beings. It is a mystery that is the key to unlocking the true potential of Racquel's powers - and her past!
This edited second edition is a vast improvement on the ARC that I originally received from the author, which I found to be horrendously clunky, to say the least!
The new version is a wonderful piece of editing; it's like a completely different animal, and I'm eager to read the next book in the series.
Now I can say with confidence that it's worthy of a 5 star rating.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Uniquely Unwelcome.

October 8, 2013 – Started Reading