Theresa's Reviews > Roasting in Hell's Kitchen: Temper Tantrums, F Words, and the Pursuit of Perfection

Roasting in Hell's Kitchen by Gordon Ramsay

Oct 10, 2009

Recommended for: Adult readers
Read in July, 2009 , read count: 1

Gordon Ramsay made people look at culinary arts in a totally different light. This career took on a more "manly" persona, but why? What was it about Gordon's views that made this career as ruthless and difficult as it appeared on "Hell's Kitchen"? Is the career truly so tough, or is it all about ratings?

When I purchased this book, I thought I'd get the "dirt" on Ramsay's life. That good-looking tough ex-soccer player had to have an interesting story, and interesting it was. Ramsey didn't lead the charmed life, but earned everything he got. His work ethic is strong and demanding, and he's not afraid of pushing himself to the limit and beyond.

This book dives into some very personal places as Gordon reveals all aspects of his life. I found his revelations raw at times (as is his language) and real. The book focuses a large amount on his career, and can be a tad boring in places for anyone not "into" culinary arts. However, the total book was a good read and would be enjoyed by anyone who is a fan of Ramsay.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roasting in Hell's Kitchen.

09/03/2016 marked as: read