Lani's Reviews > Leave Me Alone, I'm Reading: Finding and Losing Myself in Books

Leave Me Alone, I'm Reading by Maureen Corrigan

Oct 08, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: biography, borrowed, chicklit, non-fiction
Read in October, 2009

I didn't enjoy this as much as the other book I'd read about reading (that I can't find for the life of me).

As someone who wasn't very familiar with the genres discussed in this book, I didn't get a ton out of it. This was a book that was decent, but I didn't enjoy through no real fault of the book itself. It was a book more about the author than books sometimes, and our life stories have very little in common. The genres she discusses - detective fiction and Catholic morality tales aren't really things I know much about.

Any book about reading is going to appeal to me to a certain extent, and really, the title alone is enough to make me smile. Clearly the author and I are kindred spirits on some level.

Despite not being thrilled with this, I hate to rate it lower than 3 stars. It was well-written and enjoyable, just didn't quite click with me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leave Me Alone, I'm Reading.