FlibBityFLooB's Reviews > Alpha

Alpha by Rachel Vincent

4.5/5 stars. This was one of those books going in that I knew would be really intense and hard to read because of my own personal investment with the characters over the previous 5 books. True, I'm not happy with the ending, but I do understand it. Because of my personal feelings with the outcome, I'm docking the book a half point. Yes, I'm petty. *grin*

There was a lot of emotion reading this book -- some teary scenes, some joyful scenes, some shocking scenes, and actually quite a few bits of humor thrown in throughout. I got a big kick out of the "mafia" storyline ;)

I don't want to spoil the story for anyone who hasn't read it, but I will say that I was really surprised with the entire alpha-match in the driveway. I was not expecting that to happen.

*sigh* I am frustrated with the ending. It's all I can do not to sigh. Then again, Faythe is a truly annoying character, so I can't say that it was a surprise ;)

Still, the book, and entire series for that matter, was action packed and made for a wonderful read. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alpha.

October 8, 2009 – Shelved
October 10, 2010 – Started Reading
October 10, 2010 –
page 125
26.48% "It's hard to see how this story can end well... Or, I should say with a HEA."
October 10, 2010 –
page 300
63.56% "How can they possibly fix all the stuff that's going on??? Back to reading :)"
October 10, 2010 – Finished Reading