Jules cressall's Reviews > Secrets and Sins: Malachim

Secrets and Sins by Naima Simone

SECRETS AND SIN: MALACHIM is the 2nd novel in a series written by Naima Simone. It is a book that can be read as a stand-alone novel, but I wish that I have read the first book before reading this one. This novel might be Malachim’s but his leading lady steals the storyline!
Danielle Warren is on the run. The first chapter portrays her abusive marriage so perfectly and with such emotional detail that I got the chills. Books about emotional and physical abuse are not ones that scream: READ ME!! I am glad that I read this one, because I really admire the heroine. She was smart, strong and courageous.
Danielle shows up at Malachim’s law practice late one night, because she really needs the paralegal job that his firm has advertised. She was a lawyer in her “former life” and knows the law. Malachim hires her on the spot and sparks are already flying!! There is an immediate connection. This book is about trust and learning to live again. Malachim has his own secrets that are destroying him inside and Danielle, well……she is full of dark secrets. Can they pull their barriers down for each other?
Big, bad, abusive ex-husband is out on probation and Danielle’s life is threatened. Has he found her already? Danielle knows that he will kill her if he finds her again. She is ready to uproot her new life and go on the run again, but there is Malachim. He is ready to save this woman with her dark secrets. This novel is an emotional rollercoaster. There are so many twists and turns! The ending was so unexpected and left me reeling! Why didn’t I see that twist coming? Yes, my friends, my lips are sealed! You will have to read it for yourselves. I enjoyed the novel and would recommend it to all. It’s a great suspense filled contemporary romance set in Boston, MA.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets and Sins.

October 10, 2013 – Started Reading