Hooked On Books's Reviews > Unmasked

Unmasked by Trista Jaszczak

Oct 10, 2013

I loved this story!!! The Shoe is book two in Trista Jaszczak's Believe series. This one is a twist on Cinderella. Blair a twenty-something shop assistant in New York is Cinderella and Derek Hunter, lead singer of the rock band The Huntsmen is our Prince Charming and boy does he rise to the challenge. Blair goes to the release party for the Huntsmen's new album, she's not supposed to be there as it was her bosses invite but her boss was out of town and in this story her boss is the wicked stepmother so Cinderella should go to the ball.. right?.. At the ball Blair and Derek meet and instantly have a connection. This book is sweet, romantic and lighthearted and it reminded me of why i loved the Cinderella fairy tale in the first place. However in this fairy tale Cinderella finding her Prince Charming is just the beginning. This book was happy and sad and had tears threatening my eyes, I NEVER cry but this had me tearing up. Derek Hunter is the sweetest, most adorable book boyfriend to ever walk the Earth, well done Trista for writing such wonderful, sexy character. This guy is my new book boyfriend and I definitely have a book hangover!!! I knew there was a reason Cinderella was my favorite fairy tale. 5 Stars!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unmasked.

Finished Reading