Shurrn's Reviews > Rock Hard

Rock Hard by Olivia Cunning

Book two of Sinners on Tour placed focus on Lead Singer Sed and his old flame Jessica - Their up and down love story was only acceptable if you consider that they both have huge egos and it must be really difficult for an ego to date itself.

Angst aside, the book was still as steamy as book one in the series Backstage Pass (While Brian & Myrna had a thing for sexual experimentation, Sed & Jess have a thing for (view spoiler)

Good on Olivia Cunning for including the original breakup from Jessica's perspective at the very beginning of the book. Readers were already familiar with Sed's broken heart from the previous book, and we probably were predisposed to take his side if not for the opportunity to see things from the other side.
“All he had to do was admit he was wrong to try to control her life. Wrong to think of her as an object instead of a person. A person he supposedly loved enough to be his wife. She waited. Wanting him. God, she always wanted him. As overbearing and arrogant as he was, she wanted him. She did not, however, need him.”
In summary, Book Two was not as awesome as Book One in the Sinners on Tour Series, but it certainly had its moments - steamy sex, lots of laugh out loud scenes, some cringe-worthy encounters with the Dean, etc. - It was definitely good enough to make me download Book Three.

Some of the best parts about the book were actually about Trey Mills rather than the main characters... Can't wait for Trey to get his own book. Having some very non-fictional feelings about the fictional character.

Some of my favorite moments:

(view spoiler)

My Other Reviews in the Sinners on Tour Series:
(I will update links as they become available)
1. - Backstage Pass - My Review
6. - Sinners at the Altar - Anxiously Awaiting Publication
7. - Sinners Rock the Cradle - Anxiously Awaiting Publication
8. - Sinners in Paradise - Anxiously Awaiting Publication

An Update for you: October 24, 2013
I stumbled across a Sinners website created by Olivia Cunning for the "band" complete with fake tour dates, bios, discography, and the infamous fan ink page. If you're a fan of the series its definitely worth checking out.

In addition, Olivia Cunning's Website has a selection of Short Stories and Deleted Scenes if you need to get a little Sinners fix.
There is a Deleted Scene from Rock Hard called Psycho-Fan-Chic Loves Sed
A Short Story called Wabbit Trouble that takes place between books 2 & 3 featuring Sed & Jessica.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock Hard.

Quotes Shurrn Liked

Olivia Cunning
“I'm in your business, Trey. I'm so far in your business, your grandchildren will call me partner.”

Olivia Cunning
“He sighed and wiped a hand over his face. If there were a Jessica Chace instruction manual, it would be written backwards in Arabic Pig Latin and twelve thousand pages long with random pages missing.”

“I love those dimples."
He hated the damn things, but if they made her happy, he'd be sure to smile like a dipshit more often.”

October 9, 2013 – Started Reading