Dennis's Reviews > Dinosaurs and the Expanding Earth

Dinosaurs and the Expanding Earth by Stephen William Hurrell

I think that traditional science has some explaining to do:

There are basically two levels of theories introduced in this book.

The primary one is the Reduced Gravity Theory [RGT]. This postulates that the Earth had to exert less gravity in the past compared to today in order for pre-historic lifeforms (not just Dinosaurs but giant centipedes, dragonflies, etc.) to evolve to the size limits that they had. Not only that, but this book shows graphically how the upper limit to the size of Earth's complex lifeforms has dropped linearly over time.

Once one accepts RGT -- and it becomes pretty difficult to not do so -- then one asks, "OK...then WHY did Earth's gravity increase and is still (theoretically) increasing?"

That is where the Expanding Earth Theory [EET] is presented. And while one doesn't have to accept it as it is not (in my personal view) nearly as indisputable as the Reduced Gravity Theory is, it is difficult to ignore. Nor does dismissing EET in any way invalidate RGT. But in the absence of anyone else trying to explain what causes RGT, EET is pretty much the only strongest theory around.

Yet modern institutionalized science -- especially geology and paleontology -- routinely and consistently ignore such theories or anything that would steer someone towards them. I suppose when a lot of Nobel Prize winners would become instantly discredited over night, real truth doesn't come easily to establishment science.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dinosaurs and the Expanding Earth.

October 8, 2013 – Shelved
October 8, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
October 21, 2013 – Started Reading
October 21, 2013 –
page 155
"So far I have learned that paleontologists are mostly physics challenged."
October 23, 2013 –
page 179
October 30, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Stephen (new) - added it

Stephen Hurrell Thanks for the review Dennis! It's much appreciated and it's always fascinating to know what other people think about palaeogravity.

I've added a few sentences from your review and a link back to your full review at: