Keeleigh's Reviews > My Daylight Monsters

My Daylight Monsters by Sarah Dalton

bookshelves: 2013, ebook, female-author, mystery, young-adult

I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This book had an great atmosphere, equal parts spooky and intriguing. There were a few spelling and grammar errors, but these were easy to overlook because of the engaging story and characters.

Our story follows Mary as she is committed to a mental ward after a traumatic incident leaves her seeing visions. Mary is naturally apprehensive about this but soon befriends her room-mate Lacey as well as maybe developing feelings for another patient.

But things are not what they seem, patients from the terminally ill ward are dying at an alarming rate and when one of the psychiatric patients passes away it can no longer be written off as a coincidence. Mary must battle her fears to uncover who has been murdering patients, but who will believe a crazy girl? Will she lose more friends? Or will she be losing her own life?

An interesting look at friendship, mental illness and the abuse of power.

Although I wouldn't say this is my favourite book I've read this year it is still very good and worth a read. Especially as it's a novella and therefore a quick read. One thing I did love was how very British it was, it's rare you read a book with such an English feel; loved all the slang used and accents really gave characters a unique voice. All in all a spooky story decently written, I look forward to reading more books by Ms Dalton and hope she continues the series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Daylight Monsters.

October 8, 2013 – Shelved