Morgan (The Bookish Beagle)'s Reviews > The Art of Lainey

The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes

bookshelves: favorites, ya-contemp
Read 2 times. Last read May 20, 2015 to May 22, 2015.

ReRead: May 20-22, 2015. 5 stars. Didn't realize I read this almost exactly a year later! And ohhh my gosh I love it as much as ever. I liked Bee so much more too. And I marked a bazillion of my favorite Micah/Lainey moments, including my always favorite soccer scene. Such a great book with relatable characters and sizzling chemistry! Need moar Micah+Lainey!!! Plus I totally picture Caleb Waters as Chris Evans/Steve Rogers so that's fun ;)

First read: May 24, 2014. 5 stars. New favorite! I was unsure at first (Bee's character felt a bit stilted) but oh my god this got really good really fast! I loved how real and different the characters were from so many other YA books. I loved the premise, which was clever. I loved Lainey's character arc, which was completely believable. I loved her spacey family. I loved her chemistry and banter with Micah. I LOVED MICAH. Oh my god. He was something else. That soccer field scene, I almost died. I tend to judge contemporary romances on whether it'd be a good romantic comedy movie, and how many swoopy, butterfly feelings I get in my stomach. How much I smile and swoooon. And um yeah, this book had a lot. Plus the end was so cute and unexpected!! And hot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Lainey.

October 7, 2013 – Shelved