Layna's Reviews > Far Shore

Far Shore by Traci L. Slatton

Far Shore was my most anticipated book release of the year and may I say that it was well worth the wait! I absolutely love this book (and the After series in general). I had received an advanced reader's copy from Traci L. Slatton and Parvati Press in exchange for an honest review. So, honestly speaking, this is by far my most favorite series. I recommend this book to everyone, it's just that great.

After Emma saves her daughter Beth, Alexei captures Arthur and tortures him. Finding out this information, Haywood gives Emma an ultimatum: him and the kids or Arthur and his band of friends. Emma would do anything to help her friends, especially after learning that Jeannie is having pregnancy complications. The choice to her is simple but complicated. She decides to leave her kids, her husband, and she goes to rescue her companions.

On yet another adventure, Emma faces many challenges. She thought rescuing Arthur would be complicated and she soon finds out that he is now a broken, shell of a man. He has lost all his luster and has been tortured to the point that he doesn't even look human.

When I first started reading the After series, I was under the impression that it was going to be a trilogy and after reading Far Shore I really hope there are more books and it really does become a series of books. Because frankly, three books just isn't enough for this exciting post-apocalyptic tale. I really love how Traci writes her characters. They are just so well developed and her writing impeccable. Arthur and Emma have come so far together and I can't wait to see what happens and how they will save the world.

5/5 Crescents
~Layna

Original Post:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Far Shore.

Started Reading