laurenpie's Reviews > Queen Unseen: My Life with the Greatest Rock Band of the 20th Century

Queen Unseen by Peter Hince

did not like it
bookshelves: biography

Rather free with the judgmental stereotyping

Well! This perhaps won't have bothered many of you, but... I must run with a more polite crowd, because it isn't often that I hear this amount of bald-faced judgmental stereotyping, let alone unabashed objectification of women. Wow! I found the writing downright crass.

Not to mention repetitive, non-linear, and chock-full of British idioms that I couldn't interpret. This book could have been greatly improved with a good editor.

Now, to be fair to Mr. Hence, I do agree he was respectful to the band members, and that he nicely avoided an overdone tabloid-tell-all scenario.

The bait and switch was disappointing, Look at that cover photo, look at the title, I think I deserve a little more of Freddie inside!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen Unseen.

Started Reading
October 5, 2013 – Finished Reading
October 6, 2013 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Ford But that's why he kept saying, "it was a different time" and how uncomfortable he was in South Africa. As for the stereotype of women -- you were expecting something else from a 70s rock band?

Steven Why would it need more Freddie when the DAMN book is about Hince