Shasta Mosley /Cherry0Blossom's Reviews > Conquer the Flames

Conquer the Flames by Ariel Tachna

19808822

liked it

I have always been told “Never judge a book by its cover”; Conquer The Flames by Ariel Tachna is one of those books. One thing I will say up front is that this is the first time I am reading an m/m romance book, so please bear with me on this review because it is all brand new to me. Now I also want to point out is this book is part of a series, but can actually be a good standalone book too. It was a little slow on the uptake when reading, but to me there is actually a message to the book.

In Conquer The Flames, you meet Thorne and Ian. Both have been hurt in their past and have several personal issues that they need resolve. Thorne, who was in the military for 20 years, is now fighting fires and is sent to the sheep farm of Lang Downs not only to warn but also to find help from its residents.

Thorne quickly discovers that there is more to Lang Downs than what you see. At Lang Downs it is not only a job to it residents, it is a home and about being a family, which is something that Thorne has not had in a very long time. Along the way Thorne meets Ian after he has a PTSD episode; Ian helps to take care of Thorne.

Now the one thing that I thought was going to happen was these two jumping in bed together. I was kind of scared of this being that this is my first m/m romance as I said before. But, Tachna fooled me other than some heaving make out sessions Thorne and Ian do not pouncing on each other all the time. Ian has issues of his own, which is the reason that this is not happening. And one thing that I believe that everyone should look at in this story is that to me it is about romance. When starting a relationship, sometimes we are so focused on the newness of it and just trying to see if we are compatible with the other person that we are not trying to focus on things in each other’s past very early on. With Ian and Thorne, they have to overcome the issues from their past at the beginning of their relationship, just too actually get to a point to where they can have a relationship. But the question that you will have to figure out for yourself is if they can do this and that is where you have to read the book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Conquer the Flames.

September 30, 2013 – Started Reading