Dena (Batch of Books)'s Reviews > Mormon Origami

Mormon Origami by Todd Huisken

bookshelves: childrens-books, non-fiction

I recently went to a PTA meeting where the school librarian informed us that the most popular books in the library were on origami. I was intrigued, so I got a few out of our public library. My kids had a blast folding paper into different shapes.

So when I saw the blog tour for Mormon Origami, I jumped at the chance to be on the tour. The projects in this book were too advanced for my kids to make it beyond the first few steps, but I had a lot of fun folding the paper myself! This book is definitely for older kids with better coordination and reading comprehension than a kindergartener. :) The instructions are pretty easy to follow, so an older kid could figure it out with little to no help.

While some of the projects are unique to Mormon culture, many are not (ie. a tree, a sword, a tower). Even if you aren't LDS, this book presents a lot of new and unique folding projects, so I wouldn't let that stop you from enjoying it.

Origami is a lot of fun, and this book provides some exciting new projects for kids that have moved past the easy stuff. Highly recommended for LDS kids and fans of origami!

My blog: Books for Kids

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mormon Origami.

Finished Reading