Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)'s Reviews > The Curse Keepers

The Curse Keepers by Denise Grover Swank

bookshelves: arc-book-read, blog-tour-2013, kindle-books

3.5 Stars

I really liked Ms. Swank's writing style after reading her NA Contemporary Series Off the Subject and when I saw that she was writing a whole new series in a genre I already love, I just knew I needed to try it.

I am so glad I did because this truly was unique and let's face it, that is getting harder and harder to come by these days in any genre.

Not only did this have a great action packed story line but it had enough sexual tension between the two main characters (the Curse Keepers Collin and Ellie) to get your heart racing and your blood pumping. Throw in a little history about the lost Colony of Roanoke, some paranormal activity of ancient spirits and gods, and an ancient curse and Ms. Swank really did create a different kind of read that stands out in the genre.

I liked hard working tough girl Ellie from the very beginning, she knows that she wants out of life and she goes after it. Cocky arrogant Collin on the other hand, I had to warm up to. But it wasn't long before I saw underneath his cocky bad boy image and saw that he really was a good guy just doing some really bad things.

This was a great beginning to what promises to be an action packed, unique series filled with history as well as lies, betrayal and a steam tension filled romance, that I think any lover of Urban Fantasy will really enjoy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Curse Keepers.

October 5, 2013 – Shelved
October 5, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
November 1, 2013 – Shelved as: arc-book-read
November 1, 2013 – Shelved as: blog-tour-2013
November 1, 2013 – Shelved as: kindle-books
November 8, 2013 – Started Reading
November 9, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Great Review, I loved this book as I do anything Denise Grover Swank writes!!!

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) Thanks Carol! I have enjoyed everything I have read by her so far as well. :)