Laura's Reviews > Pushed

Pushed by Corrine Jackson

bookshelves: favorites, fantasy, ya, romance

Update 1/9/14
This book was superb. It is the second installment in the Touched series by Corrine Jackson. This book added elements that I thought might have been forgotten such as the fact that the main antagonist from the first book is dead (Dean). Ms. Jackson needed to come up with another one and fast and she did an amazing job! (view spoiler)

I also loved the reality's of Remy and Asher's relationship. I loved how Ms. Jackson didn't try to make them have a perfect 'soul-mate' relationship like some other books. They had their ups and downs and have moments where they doubted each other. Even though they have the connection, they still manage to have a somewhat normal relationship. That added a sense of reality for me that really added to my overall enjoyment of the novel.

Remy's father plays a huge part in grounding Remy when Asher or Lucy can't. When Remy comes back from her grandfather's, he realizes that she's keeping secrets but also understands that some things are better left unsaid. It's like he has this little voice in his head telling him how to be the best father possible!

All in all, this book was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. It displays real problems woven into a 'fantasy' setting. The relationship's were very realist and added to the overall understanding of the characters and what they are dealing with. Five stars!

***********************************************************************Talk about plot twists!!! This book was chock full of them! My emotions were ALL over the place which is what makes it such a good book. Instead of sitting on the sidelines, I was experiencing everything. The whole thing with her grandfather just broke my heart but it was necessary. We needed an evil person in this book and having them in disguise just made the book that much more perfect. I was so excited to finally get this book that I read it suuuuper fast so I'm going to read it again before finishing the review. Toodles!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pushed.

October 5, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read