Anna Tan's Reviews > Indie Author Survival Guide

Indie Author Survival Guide by Susan Kaye Quinn

Oct 05, 2013

bookshelves: e-books, writing-and-publishing

I'd heard a lot of good stuff about this book, so when the second edition came out and I had money (i.e. Amazon gift card balance), I decided to get it. Also, I was there as a book blogger when she first released Open Minds, and then she started becoming like this big name in something like 2 - 3 years, and I'm thinking, dang, how did she do that?

Then it sat in my kindle for ages and ages and ages until this month (Jan), when I'm working on releasing my novella (Coexist) and getting the jitters.

Well, the Indie Author Survival Guide has tonnes of good advice, some of which I read and went *phew! I'm doing that*, some of which made me cringe, like *oh noooooo am I making a huge mistake here?*, and others which are just, okay, I'll work on that once I get the stuff I'm working on out of the way.

I guess it's the most beneficial to those who are just starting on the journey - or better still, before you start on the journey so you avoid some obvious mistakes - though I'm sure older hands will also be able to glean some nuggets of gold from it as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Indie Author Survival Guide.

October 5, 2013 – Shelved
October 5, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
January 10, 2016 – Started Reading
January 18, 2016 – Shelved as: e-books
January 18, 2016 – Shelved as: writing-and-publishing
January 18, 2016 – Finished Reading

message 1: by L R W (new)

L R W Lee Author Second Acct Susan Kaye Quinn did a great job of revealing the indie path in this book. I found it very helpful :)

Anna Tan L R W wrote: "Susan Kaye Quinn did a great job of revealing the indie path in this book. I found it very helpful :)"

Yes, very helpful indeed!