Kati's Reviews > Fool Moon

198122
Oct 04, 2009

it was ok
bookshelves: 2012, straight, in-english, urban-fantasy

I would love to give it more stars but I can't. I just can't. I gave book #1 4 stars but this... I understand that Harry's a bit of a klutz - but there's being a klutz and then there's being an idiot and a hypocrite.

Every other chapter it's the same spiel, my fault, it's my fault, I did that etc. and so on. But does Harry learn his lesson? I'm sick and tired of him keeping stuff from others, stuff they need to know to be able to protect themselves. And I'm not saying he should spill his beans about the White Council, not at all. But why does he keep vital stuff from Murphy? Why didn't he tell Marcone that MacFin was after him?

And then there's the stupid stuff he does. Like when he went to the Streetwolves alone and started asking them about the murders. Or when he had to show off after taking that pick-up potion. Acknowledging you did a stupid thing doesn't help when you do it again 10 pages later!

And his hypocrisy, especially towards Marcone. He accuses Marcone of breaking the law - but he does it too! But that's okay because he has a good reason, after all. Or when he keeps humiliating Marcone, yet banking on Marcone being a gentleman and not killing him. Harry's dislike of Marcone blinded him so much that he didn't even bother to warn him that crazy shapeshifting killers were after him, Harry just decided to turn Marcone's property into his playground and damn the consequences. I hate double-standard setting hypocrites!

I've been told that after the first 3 or so books, the series really takes off. At this point I truly hope so because, as likable as the characters are, I don't see the appeal much, especially compared to John Taylor, Connor Grey, Atticus O’Sullivan etc. urban fantasy heroes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fool Moon.

October 4, 2009 – Shelved