Sonya's Reviews > Black Magic Sanction

Oct 03, 2009

it was ok
bookshelves: urban-fantasy, 2010
Read in March, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I didn’t enjoy this installment. In this book, Rachel was very irritating in my opinion. I understand her sensitivity to being shunned as a “black witch” but screaming every 5 seconds “I’M NOT A BLACK WITCH” was tiresome.

Being consumed with proving her goodness, she made decisions that weren’t in her best interest. I understand having morals, but if someone is trying to kill you, you try to kill them…with whatever you have available. If someone broke into my property, and threatened my life, I’m not going to think twice about the method(s) I use. Later, I might feel remorse, but during? I don’t think so. Rachel preventing the deaths of the faeries was not realistic.

Rachel’s panic attack when she and Pierce were hiding under ground? Beyond irritating. Are you the heroine or not? Get your stuff together and calm yourself. Good grief.

I’m not buying Rachel’s attraction to Pierce. It feels forced.

Listened to the audio. Another book that I started checking to see how much time was left (in this case how many hours were left). With 2 hours left, I was really ready for the book to end.

To be fair, my review probably wouldn’t have been as harsh if I had read the book…but there is no escaping the irritating behavior/dialogue in the audio version.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Magic Sanction.