Janeen's Reviews > Who Asked You?

Who Asked You? by Terry McMillan

When I started this book, I had a few ??? moments while reading it. Some of the character's plot lines & brutal honesty totally threw me off. BUT! McMillan's book gets narrated by different characters. By page 100, you're invested in everybody. You become a champion, friend and enemy of the characters. It's a good book. The book is about family, the good and the bad, and it's wonderfully done.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Who Asked You?.

October 2, 2013 – Shelved
October 2, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
November 3, 2013 – Started Reading
November 3, 2013 –
page 16
4.18% "This book is something else. Seriously. It's like I am eavesdropping on my mom and aunt talking trash post holiday food & drinks."
November 5, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Jennifer Are you referring to Tammy's chapter? I'm ready to toss the whole thing after only three pages of that crap, but if you say it gets better, I'll try.

Janeen LOL. Hi Jennifer! Tammy's chapter/and character could have been left out (Same could be said for Nurse Kim). I think the redeeming people come the more you read. I know people are all about dismissing the book, but I think it's worth giving patience too. It's some good humanizing laughs and school of hard knock realities in there. Good characters. I hope you like it.

Jennifer Thanks!!! I'll trust you and read the rest.

Janeen Sweet. Please let me know how you like the book. Hook or crook!

Jennifer I hated it...ugh. I'm sorry but I did. The story line was decent but some of the characters were so unbelievable, I felt like they were caricatures. I loved BJ's chapters and the boys as well, everyone else was foolish. Tammy, Nurse Kim, those sisters, her sons. Her daughter, maybe...but *sigh*. Just didn't feel it and I tried!!

Janeen LOL! Thanks for sharing the update! At least you tried. BJ and the boys were my faves. Aww, well thanks for listening to my feedback. Hope your next read is better!

Jennifer I didn't hate it so much as I wanted it to be better. I'm glad I finished it, though because I was really invested in BJ and the boys. The rest of the clowns could kick rocks! Thanks for motivating me to finish!