B.A. Wilson's Reviews > The Raven Boys

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

24206425

bookshelves: paranormal, ya, favorites
Read 2 times. Last read September 12, 2018 to June 7, 2019.

#BecRereads2019

It was such a pleasure to revisit these old friends and make them new again. Also, my perspective on some aspects of this story seems to shift a bit as I age, so I love how that makes the story just a bit different every time I revisit it.

The Raven Boys continue to charm me, even though the majority of them could never be called charming. Will Patton's narration for the audiobook is beyond stellar, and I can't read these in print anymore. I have to listen to the Audible version, because Patton has become such an inherent element to the atmosphere of this story that I cannot accept it any other way at this point. It's audio perfection.

Page: 409

PREVIOUS REVIEW:
Wow! I had no idea what this novel was about when I started, and it shocked me in a very good way. The concept is fascinating and unexpected. The characters are unique and surprising. Some of the plot twists blew my mind. It definitely took me to new and interesting places.

I listened to this on audiobook, and the reader is outstanding. I’m picky about being read out loud to, but I really enjoyed this audio. In fact, I think the excellent reading totally added to the overall experience. My favorite part of the story was the richness of the characters though. They were so captivating and strangely charming, even when they weren't necessarily being pleasant.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Raven Boys.

Quotes B.A. Liked

Maggie Stiefvater
“She wasn't interested in telling other people's futures. She was interested in going out and finding her own.”

Maggie Stiefvater
“You are being self-pitying."
"I'm nearly done. You don't have much more of this to bear."
"I like you better this way."
"Crushed and broken," Gansey said. "Just the way women like 'em.”

Maggie Stiefvater
“They were always walking away from him. But he never seemed able to walk away from them.”

Maggie Stiefvater
“When Gansey was polite, it made him powerful. When Adam was polite, he was giving power away.”

Maggie Stiefvater
“Fate," Blue replied, glowering at her mother, "is a very weighty word to throw around before breakfast.”

October 2, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
October 2, 2013 – Shelved
June 24, 2014 – Started Reading
June 24, 2014 –
10.0% "I started this on audiobook while mowing my very wet yard. I absolutely hate mowing the yard to the depths of my twisty dark soul, and this book helped ease the burden. That sounds minor, but it's a huge compliment. I'm just too exhausted, sweaty, itchy, and annoyed to back it up with useful words right now."
June 28, 2014 –
25.0% "So interesting...I have no idea where this is going."
July 10, 2014 – Shelved as: paranormal
July 10, 2014 – Finished Reading
September 24, 2014 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
September 24, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
November 3, 2014 – Shelved as: ya
March 16, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites
September 12, 2018 – Started Reading
June 5, 2019 –
40.0% "So happy to finally be revisiting this old friend."
June 7, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by J.C. (new) - added it

J.C. Hart I'm listening to the audiobook at the mo. Will Patton is fab! This is my first re-read of the series. Still loving it!

B.A. Wilson Yay! I love the audios! So much atmosphere. Enjoy!