Katrina's Reviews > Unbreakable

Unbreakable by Kami Garcia

Oct 02, 2013

liked it

Unbreakable had a lot of great qualities. I really enjoyed the mysterious plot that Garcia put forth and the fact that is was completely different to her previous novel Beautiful Creatures was a bonus.

The only thing that I didnt enjoy in parts was the teenage melodrama and whining and at times the immaturity. But overall its a fast read .

The horror put forth was eery and the plot was good, but I felt that the romance was a little laid back for me. I personally enjoy a little more romance that seems to blend better in my novels but this story certainly has a lot of potential.

Anyone who enjoys a great horror story will certainly enjoy this story it’s defiantly not for the faint at heart.

Unbreakable is a supernatural - paranormal read, and this author has woven this well throughout the story. Once again this shows the authors ability to tell a story and her unique writing abilities.

At times the story was a tad predictable – but the constant action and scary moments will certainly have the horror fans appeased.

Unbreakable does focus a lot on the characters and their backgrounds. Unique and well defined. Which initially is setting up for the next instalment giving the reader background information. But with the fast paced and on the edge read I’m sure that the horror fans will enjoy.

I look forward to the next instalment.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unbreakable.

Started Reading