preppea's Reviews > Searching for Someday

Searching for Someday by Jennifer Probst

bookshelves: zz-netgalley, chick-lit, contemporary, fantasy, dual-pov, read-to-review, romance, zz-reviewed, zz-i-love-this

SEARCHING FOR SOMEDAY is a refreshing contemporary romance with a charming magic twist.

Kate and her two best friends have built a solid matchmaking business by utilizing each of their individual talents and skill sets. One of Kate’s most unique talents is her ability to sense love matches simply by touching the individuals. But when she realizes her own soul mate is a divorce attorney who doesn’t believe in true love or marriage, she’s convinced her touch has gotten it wrong. Kate and Slade do everything in their power to deny the connection they share, but the closer they get, the harder it is to ignore.

Ordinarily I would say I’m too practical to enjoy magic unless its of the paranormal variety, but Jennifer Probst seemed to know just how to introduce something outside the realm of ordinary without making it corny or unbelievable. It still rang true to the story and to the characters and only added to the undeniability of their connection. Slade was the perfect combination of stubborn, opinionated, take charge, and alpha male. I loved how he could be so fierce and stern yet he’d be so reckless in his feelings for Kate. Every time he showed up at her door unannounced, I swooned. I was a little worried Ms. Probst would go too far in her efforts to introduce secondary characters in an attempt to build interest for future books in the series, but somehow she managed to straddle the line just enough to make the story more three dimensional without going overboard. I was unable to put SEARCHING FOR SOMEDAY down until I’d had my happily ever after and it made me want to read more in the series just to get another taste.

SEARCHING FOR SOMEDAY was such an endearing romantic story with a chick-lit feel and I would highly recommend diving into the Searching For series!

**Complimentary copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

**Reviewed by preppea on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews.

photo BookieWebHeader_zps2a31d562.jpg

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Searching for Someday.

October 1, 2013 – Shelved