Tyler's Reviews > Sarvet's Wanderyar

Sarvet's Wanderyar by J.M. Ney-Grimm

Oct 01, 2013

I enjoyed this book, though I don't believe I was within the author's intended audience. It seemed a book for a younger person, and perhaps a female audience to be more specific. But it was a pleasant read, and I breezed through it. I enjoyed the authors style, and how she successfully wove together a brief story that did not sacrifice depth and detail. The main character was complex enough to serve the story, and the world she inhabited was described particularly well for such a short narrative. In fact it was the world or the culture of Sarvet's people that I found enthralling, and I would be interested in reading more of this author's novels and novellas to see if she has expanded this same world in some of her other works.

Anyway, I would recommend this book, if not only to younger readers, but to anyone. If for no other reason, but the uniqueness of the book. Perhaps it has been my proceeding stint of heavy, grueling reads, but I found this novella refreshing and filled with charm.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sarvet's Wanderyar.

October 1, 2013 – Shelved