Laura 's Reviews > False Mermaid

False Mermaid by Erin Hart

Oct 01, 2009

Recommended to Laura by: Erin Hart sent me and Advance Reader Copy.
Read in October, 2009

In False Mermaid, Nora Gavin returns to St. Paul for Ireland intent on finding out the truth of her sister's death. It took a little longer thatn usual for this one to catch me, but then I was caught up in the Twins run for the Pennant while I was reading. Nonetheless, having LOVED Erin's Haunted Ground and Lake of Sorrows, I kept on and found myself "mired" in the story as Nora skulks along the banks of the Mississippi looking for clues. Fans of the previous two books will be happy to know that Hart keeps Ireland always in the picture as Nora's friend Cormac does some research of his own into the legends of the Selkies. The last hundred pages flew by keeping me engrossed until the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read False Mermaid.

10/01/2009 page 17
5.06% "Loved Hanunted Ground and Lake of Sorrows. Just recieved this Reading copy form the author. Erin will be in Little Falls in May 2010."
10/05/2009 page 47
13.99% "My aplogies to Erin Hart for starting so slowly..I got distracted by all the MN sports this weekend, especially the twins. GO TWINKIES!"
10/08/2009 page 88
26.19% "Okay, now I'm officially hooked. Nora, get out of that nasty sucking swamp and go find Frank!"
show 2 hidden updates…