Pauline's Reviews > The Michael Jackson Tapes: A Tragic Icon Reveals His Soul in Intimate Conversation

The Michael Jackson Tapes by Shmuley Boteach

Sep 30, 2009

it was ok
bookshelves: autobiography-and-memoirs, jackson-michael
Read in October, 2009

As a Michael Jackson fan, there was nothing new or surprising in this book. Having said that, it was an overall, well put together book.

I hope that people are able to get into the glimpse of what Michael Jackson was thinking, feeling. For the good, bad, healthy, unhealthy, normal and weird thought process-I think the book is able to explain the deeper soul of Michael Jackson.

However, there were a couple of things that I didn't care for. Mostly with the author himself. 1-he repeated a few things a couple of times. That not only annoys me but bores me as well. And 2-the bigger one of the two is that the author was self-promoting. I think there were too many times that I read something along the lines 'if you want to read more about that area, I recommend my book...'.

And it's not about the author's belief. I love reading about other religions and their workings. You had a lot of talk about the Jewish faith and the J. Witnesses' faith in this book. I enjoy reading about that. It's the self promotion of his other works over and over again that I didn't care for.

It is said that this is the first installment of the "Michael Jackson Tapes", I hope his followup doesn't hold back on anything and I hope the followup doesn't have self-promotion.

Regardless of what you think about Michael Jackson, I hope that you're able to take it for what his soul is and was. For the good and bad. No one person on this planet is perfect.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Michael Jackson Tapes.