Lynn Worton's Reviews > The Breach Between

The Breach Between by Duncan McGonall

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the second book in the Spiral Dance Series. I loved it!

Bruce McBaine is Tolen's brother and a magi. I really liked this character, but he is not as involved in this tale as he was in The Bread Of Fools (in which he was the main character).

Tolen McBaine is also magi and a fantastic character. I liked him a lot. He has a mission to complete, but finds that it's a lot harder than he anticipated.

Maramore is an immortal and a cousin to the brothers. I wasn't sure I liked him when I met him in The Bread Of Fools, but as this story unfolded, I began to understand him and warmed up to him.

This book is EPIC! I must admit that I was a little lost to begin with (I should say in my defense that it's been a while since I read the first book, and had forgotten a few things), but once I started reading this story, I couldn't put it down! There are several twists and turns that kept me intrigued. This book is told from several points of view, which made it very interesting and almost movie like in it's feel. The Gragona (who are dragons in their realm, but human whilst on Earth) have plans to alter the Circle of Life and, if they come to fruition, could mean the end of the Firma. Bruce, Tolen and Maramore are faced with the difficult task of fulfilling the Legacy. There are a few surprises in store for the brothers, and a traitor in their midst. Will they prevail in their mission? Only time will tell. Political intrigue abounds in this book, along with time travel and Nazi treasure!
This is a fantastic fantasy novel with some amazing characters that came alive on the page. There is an amazing amount of detail that had me picturing the scenes with ease. I certainly wouldn't like to come into contact with the Book of Woe's! The description of it made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck! I am intrigued with the ending, and hope to find out what happens next soon!

Duncan McGonall's ability to weave a story that is action packed and complex at the same time has left me breathless! I feel that his writing has improved a lot since his first book, and I am looking forward to reading more of his work in the future.

I highly recommend this book to lovers of science fiction and fantasy genres. - Lynn Worton
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Breach Between.

September 29, 2013 – Started Reading