Katrina's Reviews > Take Me Home for Christmas

Take Me Home for Christmas by Brenda Novak

F 50x66

Check out my full 4 star review here

I was given a copy of this book to read and review by the Author through Net Galley

I had not previously read any of the Whiskey Creek series, but I was able to read this as a stand alone and was quite content.

I did not feel that I missed out on not knowing the characters, as Brenda did a great job of reintroducing everyone for me, so I did not get lost.

Sophia and Ted have a past, and through actions that can not be retracted, life has been taken on a path that maybe neither of them would condone had they known the outcomes of their futures.

Through a devastating situation Sophia ends up rekindling a friendship with Ted, she did not in all her wildest dreams think she would have the opportunity to be close to him again, as for years he was totally forbidden to her, to the extent that even the books that he had written and she had treasured, had to be hidden to hide the peace.

It was with total abandon that Sophia & her daughter packed up her car , left their mansion and only took the belonging that she could fit in there, after all the townsfolk had pretty much taken care of that, there was hardly anything left, penniless, with virtually only the shirt on her back she ends up in Teds guest cottage.

While the story does have a HEA there are a few events that happen that keep you involved in the story, and stop you from putting this book down

And of course by mentioning those it would give it away for following readers, so I gave this book a whopping 4 stars, it was well written, and I will be looking out for more Brenda Novak books for sure.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Take Me Home for Christmas.

September 28, 2013 – Started Reading