Adrianna's Reviews > The Book Thief

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Sep 28, 2013

bookshelves: in-2013

This book!! Have you ever gotten a book hangover, where it took you several days to get over it? This book was one of those books for me. I loved it. It was heart warming, and heart wrenching at the same time. So many emotions passed through me the whole way. I can't even imagine living in the world that Liesel and all her loved ones lived. It was an amazing story, and I found it so fascinated to read it through the narrator.

It is definitely a book I recommend.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book Thief.

Quotes Adrianna Liked

Markus Zusak
“I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.”
Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Markus Zusak
“I wanted to tell the book thief many things, about beauty and brutality. But what could I tell her about those things that she didn't already know? I wanted to explain that I am constantly overestimating and underestimating the human race-that rarely do I ever simply estimate it. I wanted to ask her how the same thing could be so ugly and so glorious, and its words and stories so damning and brilliant.”
Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

September 28, 2013 – Shelved
September 28, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
November 26, 2013 – Shelved as: in-2013
November 26, 2013 – Finished Reading

Briana Ford It gave me a book hangover too! Like I just had to sit and contemplate what had just happened. I can't wait for the movie.

Adrianna Briana wrote: "It gave me a book hangover too! Like I just had to sit and contemplate what had just happened. I can't wait for the movie."

Omg!!! yes me too!!! I shed a couple of tears, it was good. The trailer looks good, I want to watch it now. :)

message 3: by Raymon (new) - added it

Raymon Lacy I just started reading this book after having it recommended to me by a friend. But wow, they definitely didn't upsell it like you did. Can't wait to dig into it! :)

Adrianna Raymón wrote: "I just started reading this book after having it recommended to me by a friend. But wow, they definitely didn't upsell it like you did. Can't wait to dig into it! :)"

Hehehe.. I really liked it. :) I can't wait until the movie comes out on DVD, I still haven't watched it.. Let me know what you thought about it after you finished. :)