Elyse Walters's Reviews > East of Eden

East of Eden by John Steinbeck

So FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read East of Eden.

September 28, 2013 – Started Reading
September 28, 2013 – Shelved
September 28, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
October 4, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

Stacie One of my all time favorites! Also one of maybe a dozen books I have read more than once ( too many books not enough time).

Elyse Walters I cried at the end. It was just sooooooooooooo darn good! WHY didn't anyone tell me it would be THAT good???
WOW!!!!
Even my daughters (they read it) ---they didn't say much!
NOW ---(I am finally realizing I DID miss out on many of the GREAT books). I was a late-bloomer reader.

If it wasn't for our local book club --I might have waited even longer to get to "East of Eden" (which would have been a shame) ---

I feel 'blessed' reading that book!!!!

Thanks for the comment Stacie!!

Anthony Panegyres The best.

Elyse Walters yes! :)

Steven Godin Fantastically I agree!. As for Cathy, what a total bitch!

Elyse Walters Right??? LOL NO roses for HER!

oh you are cute!

Julie For me. . . this is one of those books that if someone says, "I don't get it," they're dead to me!!
I just about ruined my copy, with all of my excessive folding of corners and little post-it notes stuck all over the pages.
Welcome to the club!

Elyse Walters DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laughing Julie! I get it! Have you ever visited the Steinbeck museum? Or his old home? --You would love it!!!

Julie Ha! If you can believe it, in the years I lived right in Steinbeck's part of CA. . . I wasn't yet an obsessive fan. What a shame! I thought of him when I was in Monterey, but if I went now, I'd probably kiss the door to his house, or something awfully embarrassing like that. My husband is forever grateful that Steinbeck is dead, b/c he's pretty sure he'd need a restraining order to keep me at bay!

Elyse Walters Steven wrote: "Fantastically I agree!. As for Cathy, what a total bitch!"

Hey--Steven --this review will be my 'reminder' that its possible to
#1 --spend more time choosing great books --
and
#2 write short reviews that express the 'truth'!

Running out of the house, now.
Yes...I am allowed to leave --chains get unlocked at times.

Steven Godin Elyse wrote: "Steven wrote: "Fantastically I agree!. As for Cathy, what a total bitch!"

Hey--Steven --this review will be my 'reminder' that its possible to
#1 --spend more time choosing great books --
and
#2..."

Can still indulge in your back catalogue from time to time, will have to keep plenty of coffee and donuts at the ready!

Elyse Walters Good... do that! I'd miss you too much. I'll keep the tea warm on my end too! :)

message 13: by Matt (new) - added it

Matt Is it really that good?

message 14: by Matt (new) - added it

Matt Should I read it?

Elyse Walters Oh YES!!! It's JUICY GREAT from start to finish!!!!!

Hilde East of Eden left me in awe with Steinbeck! I want to write a review but am out of words. Certainly one of my all time favorites. I agree with Elyse: why didn't anyone tell me before?
Just finished Of Mice and Men (excellent, but way below EoE) and starting now Grapes of Wrath.