Mike (the Paladin)'s Reviews > Animal Farm

Animal Farm by George Orwell

Sep 29, 2009

bookshelves: classics

Everyone should read. It used to be required reading...school is slipping. This is an important book. In a time when more and more everyone seems to be in lock-step so far as thinking for themselves is concerned, this is a breath of air...a difficult and somewhat dark one, but knowing about the dark is sometimes the only way to keep the light.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Animal Farm.

Quotes Mike (the Paladin) Liked

George Orwell
“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

George Orwell
“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

George Orwell
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

03/04/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by David (new)

David Lafferty Enjoy your reviews, especially your perspective.

message 2: by Mike (the Paladin) (last edited Dec 03, 2012 06:16AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mike (the Paladin) blushes while looking humble and kicking foot Thank you.

Tessa in Mid-Michigan I would say this one is depressing to me, more than Black Beauty ever was. But, yeah, people should read it.

Mike (the Paladin) It is (view spoiler). There is a deep lesson to be learned here that we need. It extends deeper than the loss of love. That said, I get why some will hate the book. It is painful.

Robbi Leah  Freeman So true.