Mike (the Paladin)'s Reviews > The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

Sep 29, 2009

bookshelves: classics

The Pevensie children wander into a world where the truths of the universe are played out in the forms of Aslan and the White Witch. One of their number falls for a temptation that after he receives it, seems so very small for the price paid. Was it really the candy or something deeper?

This is a wonderful story whether you go to it for the deeper truths found here or just for the story itself.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

Quotes Mike (the Paladin) Liked

C.S. Lewis
“Always winter but never Christmas.”
C.S. Lewis, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Finished Reading
September 29, 2009 – Shelved
December 24, 2010 – Shelved as: classics

Hannah Hi, Mike. If you liked the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, you should check out the "King of the Trees" series by William Burt. (The Goodreads page for Book I is: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/58...) I've read all six books in his series. I hear the seventh one is coming out this summer. I think they are better than Narnia, but that's just my opinion. They make nice readalouds, because each book has a pronunciation guide and glossary at the back. The series web site is http://www.greencloaks.com. It's a fun site.

Mike (the Paladin) I will try to make it a point to look into them. (My to reads are about to overwhelm me. Thanks.

Mike (the Paladin) Yet again our apparently underfunded library fails me...they don't have them. Doomed not only to an endless to read list, but apparently an endless "to buy" list also.

Being a reader can get expensive.....

Hannah Yeah, I know what you mean. Good thing I get a book allowance..... Good luck and Happy reading!