Schnaucl's Reviews > Blood Bound

Oct 04, 2007

liked it
bookshelves: fiction, owned, urban_fantasy, read_2007, october, series, glbt
Read in October, 2007

I didn't like this book as much as the first one. I enjoyed that there was more Warren/Kyle, but the rest was not as good.

I figured out who the culprit was long before the characters did, and I'd rather not have more insight than the characters. I know some people enjoy figuring out "who done it" before the characters do, I just happen to not be one of them.

In addition to that we've started to hit the "everyone's in love with the main character" syndrome, which is just annoying. To be fair, I suppose I should say in Samuel's case it isn't love, exactly. But still.

And there's a whole domination/submission thing going on with Mercy and Adam that I'm not really comfortable with. (I'm not talking D/s in the fetish sense). Strong girls just want to be dominated? Or something. Some do, and that's fine. But she makes such a big deal out of not wanting it only then it turns out she does?

I guess it's normal for her to be surrounded by people with whom she has to fight for every bit of respect and put up with people acting condescendingly toward her a majority of the time, but man, it's not for me.

I'm not quite ready to wash my hands of the whole group, but I'm pretty close.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Bound.