Ruth Hill's Reviews > Two Are Better: Midlife Newlyweds Bicycle Coast to Coast

Two Are Better by Tim  Bishop

bookshelves: 2013-reads, e-books, christian

First of all, let it be known that I am not a cycling fan, and outdoorsman, or anything else like that. But this story was absolutely riveting, inspiring, and absolutely delightful! It is much more than a cycling chronicle. This is a book that will remind you that when the opportunity comes to try something, don't let it pass you by--do it now! You are not promised tomorrow after all.

I was completely blown away when the Tim and Debbie began the book by saying that they got married for the first (and only) time at the age of 52! Okay, when was the last time you heard that? They didn't live with a load of people. No, they waited for God's timing to bring them the one. They shared some about their courtship and spiritual life, but the main crux of the story is this (insane) cycling trip!

I was never bored as I read their story, and it was even better that maps, pictures, and anecdotes were shared from the trip. I can't imagine doing this trip at any age, but at the age of 52 as a part of an extended honeymoon? Wow! Every Sunday, they went to church, and God continued to bring along little and big miracles along the way.

The book is primarily told from Tim's point of view, but Debbie's thoughts are sprinkled throughout the narrative. I was reminded of God's providence, love, and provision, and I marveled at how well-suited these two were. I highly recommend this book!

I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I was not financially compensated, and all opinions are 100 percent mine.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two Are Better.

September 26, 2013 – Started Reading