Crystal's Reviews > The Road to You

The Road to You by Marilyn Brant

I received a copy of this book by the author in place of an honest review.

It has been two years since Gideon Gray and Jeremy McCafferty disappeared on July 4th. It happened in the year 1976. They are declared dead until the day Aurora, Gideon's sister notices the key to a wooden box were she used to keep her diary. She goes outside and notices her brother's diary and it has recent entries in it.

Aurora knows it was put there for her to find it and she knows that she has to be careful with who she tells. She goes to Donovan who was Jeremy's older brother and they head out on a journey to figure out what happened and if they are still alive. Aurora knows that her brother wanted her to find it and she will stop at nothing until she finds out the secrets.

This book was one of the best I have read. It has Aurora who loves to solve puzzles and I could connect with her on that. I love puzzles, she's just smarter than me. I just want to say that if I ate as much as Donovan does in this book I would be bigger than a house. I loved the music in this book because it was music I grew up listening to it. So it would bring back memories for me. The Route 66 thing reminded me of the movie Cars that I watch with my son. So as soon as I read that in the book that is what came to my mind.

This book was one that kept me guessing and I just wanted to hurry up and read it so I could get to the end to see what was going to happen. I couldn't do that because if I did I would've missed a great adventure and it would be like bypassing Route 66 and driving the interstate. When you take your time to visit great places then you get a better meaning of everything around you. Yes there were some sad times and times that really got my heart to racing but there were those moments that caused me to just sit back and enjoy the story.

This is the first book that I have read by this author. I just want to say what a great job she did writing this book and I really loved the characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Road to You.

September 26, 2013 – Shelved