Lindsay Mead's Reviews > Kiss of Steel

Sep 26, 2013

bookshelves: read-in-2013, read-in-2017
Read from March 10 to 29, 2017 , read count: 2

AFTER THE REREAD:
I enjoyed this book as much the second time as I did the first time. So glad that I decided to buy a physical copy for my shelves. I'm sure I'll reread it again years from now. This is just one of those books that are fun to return to.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I floated through this book. Gah, it was such a nice change from what I had been reading. Not only was it a good story, but the writing was good too! I know that it's popular for authors to rush out books as fast as possible these days, sacrificing the craft. However, there is truly something to be said for a well written sentence. My eyes just wanted to devour paragraph after paragraph. As far as stories go, this was a pretty standard Steampunk/Fantasy Romance. That is not a knock either. I very much enjoyed this book, which is why I read it so quickly. Anyway, the romance was lovely, the characters likable, the action exciting, and the world building fantastic. Highly recommend for any fan of the genre. Make sure you watch for my video review, which will be posted here: http://bit.ly/RN2j5n
My Spoilery Thoughts: (view spoiler)

Recommended

Yes/No Checklist
Sex: Yes
Gore: Yes
Rape: No
Magic: Vampires and other supernatural things.
Drugs: Alcohol & cigars

Star Categories
Romance: 5 Stars
Action: 4.5 Stars
Pacing: 4.5 Stars
Writing: 4 Stars
Plot: 4 Stars
Overall: 4.5 Stars

Protagonist Meter
Damsel-----*-----Badass
I particularly liked that the female protagonist wasn't irrationally weak. No she wasn't a badass, but she could pull the trigger of a gun when it was called for. I don't know why, but so many female leads seem to be incapable of doing even something as simple as that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of Steel.

09/26 marked as: currently-reading
09/27 marked as: read
03/10 marked as: currently-reading
03/12 page 118
27.0% "Rereading. Haven't enjoyed a book this much in a long time."
03/29 marked as: read