Julie Bozza's Reviews > Homespun

Homespun by Layla M. Wier

Sep 25, 2013

bookshelves: fiction, male-male

Interesting tale, featuring Owen and Kerry, two older main characters - which you probably all know by now that I appreciate. I also enjoyed Owen having an adult daughter who is definitely an intrinsic part of this not-quite-a-family. And the setting on a farm, with 'cottage industry' yarn-making was terrific, as was the part where we find out more about Kerry's family.

However, I have to admit to feeling a bit unconvinced by the miscommunication / misunderstanding that drove the conflict here - if only because the ending, in which Owen and Kerry come to a better understanding of each other and their relationship, felt so very right and natural. Total kudos for the ending. I suppose it isn't unexpected, really, that these two men didn't find themselves there already by 'natural' instinct. And maybe my quibbles actually say more about me and my writing than it does about Layla and hers... Things to ponder.

Well! This is a lovely tale about three interesting and engaging characters, in an interesting setting. Recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Homespun.

September 25, 2013 – Shelved