Susan (The Book Bag)'s Reviews > Audrey's Guide to Black Magic

Audrey's Guide to Black Magic by Jody Gehrman

Sep 24, 2013

bookshelves: books-read-in-2013, 2013-reviews

Ahhh, I thought the cover of Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft was beautiful. I think I love this one even more ~ I love the color blue!

Once again, Jody has written a very enchanting story which follows Audrey as she learns about the witching world. And what better time to read about black magic and witchcraft then Halloween time? I love reading Audrey's stories this time of year, they just get me in the mood for spookiness.

This time Audrey, her sister Meg, and their cousin Sadie are whisked away to the Mad River compound to try to help their mom battle evil. More and more responsibility is put on Audrey, which she just loves by the way, as her powers become stronger and more consistent.

Poor Meg has a hard time fitting in, here in this world where she is not the 'popular' sister, where she is the odd one out. It was interesting seeing the role reversal between these two characters as they are either in, or out, of their comfort zone.

There was plenty of danger and excitement to keep me wanting to flip the pages, or in this particular case, swiping my Kindle screen. But along with the witchy things happening, there were enough personal things going on in the story to make the characters seem real to me.

And oooooo the Epilogue! What a way to end book #2! I know we are in for a treat in book #3. I can't wait!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Audrey's Guide to Black Magic.