Sandy Nawrot's Reviews > The Sea of Tranquility

The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay

Sep 24, 2013

I have to admit that YA is not my favorite genre, but MAN! Here is yet another one that has hit it WAY out of the park (the last one, if you recall, was Eleanor & Park). Both of these books will most definitely make my "Top Reads" list for the year. Generally you'll get an eyeroll from me if you tell me a book is about two damaged teenagers who find each other. The genius, therefore, and what has blown my mind and warmed the cockles of my heart, is the dialogue, chemistry and characters. Granted, there is a share of teen angst and self-destructive behavior that plagues these stories. But we have the handsome loner who has lost his entire family, the gay artist, the smooth-talking pretty boy, the all-American family that takes in strays for their traditional Sunday dinner...they all form a protective, loving circle around an angry, broken girl who doesn't speak. Love happens. Secrets are revealed. And what results is pure magic. The book is unforgettable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sea of Tranquility.

September 24, 2013 – Shelved