B.A. Wilson's Reviews > Insurgent

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

24206425

bookshelves: dystopian, ya, post-apocalypse, sci-fi
Read 2 times. Last read September 25, 2018 to October 2, 2018.

#BecRereads2018

I remember being wowed by this book the first time through, and maybe even the second. It has been several years now since I've read the series, and I have read a lot of other books in between. I think that's why even though I still like this series and world, I started to see a few more flaws in the storytelling and world building.

There are gaps that aren't filled in that should be, because they would make the story richer. I found myself thinking about what happens in the movie to fill those gaps, when typically it should be the opposite. The movie should be a partial view of everything that occurs in the book.

Anyway, long rambling story made short, I wish I could find my original review of this book, but I guess I never tagged it onto Goodreads. All I know is that while I liked this story, I found myself stopping a lot in the second half, instead of racing through. I also listened on audiobook and spaced out so many times that I was starting to frustrate myself. Now, it could have been that I wasn't in the right mind frame to read, but I think this just didn't capture my full attention upon rereading, which is too bad, as it's still an interesting concept overall.

Book 345 read in 2018

Pages: 525

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insurgent.

Finished Reading